Kitsilano Community Acupuncture
1. What can acupuncture treat?
Here are some of the conditions that are commonly treated with acupuncture:
- neck and back pain
- joint pain
- abdominal pain
- facial pain (trigeminal neuralgia, TMJ disorders)
- PMS symptoms
- high blood pressure
- side-effects of chemotherapy
- morning sickness
- addiction withdrawal and recovery
2. Can children get acupuncture?
Yes. Children and teens generally respond very well to acupuncture. We just ask that the child is willing and a parent or guardian must consent.
3. Do you re-use your needles?
No, we do not reuse needles. We use sterile needles designed for one-time use and safely dispose of them.
4. How often do I need treatment?
Treatment plans vary depending on the severity and duration of the condition being treated. Most conditions respond best to regular, frequent treatments (2 or 3 times per week) at first. After progress is made, treatment frequency generally decreases to a maintenance schedule. For some this is 1 time per week, for others, it's biweekly or even less. Your acupuncturist will discuss an appropriate treatment schedule at your first visit.
5. Does insurance cover acupuncture?
Most insurance plans do cover acupuncture, though we do not bill insurance directly. Instead, we have an affordable sliding scale and we can provide you with a receipt if you would like to submit it to your insurance or benefit.
6. What is Community Acupuncture like?
KCA is a shared community space, and we aim to maintain a quiet, healing environment. Although there is some exchange between you and the acupuncturist, most of it is done in hushed voices.
7. I don't understand the sliding scale. How do I know what to pay?
Our sliding is $40-$70 per acupuncture treatment. You pay what you can afford to maintain your treatment plan; there is no income verification
8. Are all KCA Acupuncturists registered in BC and Canada?
Of course, we are!! Our multiple years of experience as Acupuncturists are all registered and governed through CTCMA of BC.
9. Do you prescribe Herbal Medicine as well?
Yes, we do prescribe herbal medicine according to precisely consulted individual diagnoses and treatment plans. We are all registered Herbalists & TCM practitioners.