Kitsilano Community Acupuncture
<Safety Protocol for your visit>
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our clinic will be a safe one. For your peace of mind, the measures we will be taking to provide a safe Acupuncture treatment experience include, but are limited to, the following:
-ONLY patients will be allowed entry into the clinic.
-Masks must be worn prior to entering the office. Please bring your own masks.
-Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside.
-We have hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic.
-All patients' temperatures will be checked by the practitioner using a non-contact infrared thermometer when entering the clinic.
-All treatment recliners will be sterilized before each patient is seated.
-We will be using disposable medical-examining sheets on top of the clothed sheets before each patient is seated.
-The waiting area and restroom will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
-More high-quality Air-purifying machines are located (total of 4)
-All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant.
<3 Major Changes for the clinic>
1) 5 will be the maximum number of patients being treated inside. All recliners will be placed more than 6 feet apart.
2) Our sliding-scale rate is $30~$50 per treatment. We have been providing affordable, accessible, and effective Acupuncture treatment for the past 7 years. All the costs of operating our clinic increased very much that we had to make this difficult decision in order to keep the clinic healthy here in Kitsilano. We really appreciate your understanding.
3) If you would like to pay electronically, please send us e-transfer before your visit. If not prepaid, we will still accept cash. (No card machines in the clinic)
We appreciate your understanding and welcome any questions or feedback you may have about these changes.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Before your visit
- Please wear comfortable clothing, that can be rolled up to the elbows and knees.
- Please avoid strong perfumes or aftershaves.
- It is best to avoid caffeine or other stimulants for a couple of hours before you have an Acupuncture treatment.
- If you wish, you are welcome to bring earplugs or eye masks.
During your visit +"Invisible Receptionist"
- When you arrive for your treatment, please use a quiet voice when speaking inside the clinic to respect the other people being treated in the room.
- If it is your first visit, please arrive 15 minutes earlier to fill out the intake form.
- After you have removed shoes and outerwear, we ask that you pay before your treatment by placing cash and receipt inside of an envelope into our payment box. Record your name and the amount you paid on the receipt book. Envelopes and receipt books are placed on the reception table for you to write your own receipts.
- If you are a returning patient, please leave your payment in your envelope and put it into the payment box, collect your things, and choose your favorite recliner.
- Please make yourself comfortable, and relax!
- Acupuncture treatments last about 45 minutes, and your total time in the clinic is usually about an hour.
- After you have received a treatment your Acupuncturist will usually recommend a treatment plan of a number of visits. Please book yourself in for treatment if possible at the reception table. Walk-ins are welcome but to ensure time, booking ahead is the best.
After your visit
- You are likely to feel more relaxed. You may feel sleepy, or you may have more energy than when you came in. Try to connect with this sense before you return to the “real world”. Stay present with that heightened sense of awareness, and carry it with you into your day.